- George Weah, The Peacemaker: Football Legend Embraces Reconciliation Drive
- ‘Somewhere In Baltimore’: Movie Producer Aletha Jones- Campbell Launches in Liberia
- Avoiding Future Conflicts: Liberia Meeting Discuss Pre-Draft Mineral & Mining Laws
- ‘Best Superintendent Until Then’: Teajay Still Mum on 2014 Senatorial Bid
- Hold Your Nose And Pass: GSA Motor Pool Community Stinks, Residents Lament
- Liberia Set for World Refugees Day
- ‘He Almost Got Me Killed’: Rep. Snowe Accused of Assaulting Hipco Star Takun J‘
- Dirty & Ugly Campaigning in Bong: Senatorial Race Candidates Holding No Punches
- “Insensitive to the People’s Plight”: Bassa Students Group Slams Liberty Party Rep.
- ‘World Noticing Liberia’s Steady Progress’, Government Unveils Reconciliation Agenda
- Beyond The Reconciliation Rhetoric: Weah’s Peace Drive Must Put Words into Action
- Retirement Matters: Establishing a National Retirement Program For Liberia
- The Real Reason For Matilda Parker's Law Suit Against FrontPageAfrica
- The ‘Untouchable’ Bella Yella Contract: Who’s Behind A Failed Contractor’s Interest
- Who’s Interest Is Central Bank of Liberia Serving With Loans?
- ‘It is Only Fair’: Sirleaf 2011 Campaign Advisor Urges Weah to Give up Peace Post
- ‘Plot’ Thickens in Airport Authority Saga: Secret Tape Traps LAA Board Chair Bility
- Who Made It? Who Flunked? FPA’s 2012 Liberian Government Grades Are in
- A ‘Very Sick Bastard’: Lebanese Man Video Taped Sex Act With Liberian Girls, Ages 7-15
- After Congressmen's Warnings: Who Could Land On America’s ‘Sanctions’ List?
Become A Fan
Follow us on Twitter
|Liberia Needs to Adop Stringent Measures to Keep Pehn-Pehn Riders in Check||| Print ||
|Written by Lekpele Nyamalon, email@example.com|
|Sunday, 16 December 2012 19:41|
The constant rowdy and lackadaisical attitude of motorcyclists is skyrocketing. Driving around the country is becoming almost chaotic, with motorcyclist becoming agents of terror in the traffic and now loosely dubbed as “suicide bombers” for they attach no care to themselves of at least to their preys.
On a typical accident scene involving a motorcyclist and a Cab Driver, you’ll see a fleet of motorcyclists swamping the vicinity and demanding justice-via their understanding. This is a serious plague that needs to be addressed by the relevant authorities.
Inasmuch as motorcycles pose a convenient mode of transportation for many, there has to be a controlled mechanism in place to checkmate them or else we risk rekindling the ugly past when violence dictated the course.
There has to be stringent measures in place to determine qualification for being a motorcyclist and limits for riders. The recent mayhem in Gbarnga is a classic example of gang-riding thugs who are like time bombs and can cause pandemonium at any given time.
Strangely, these motorcyclists don’t obey traffic lights- at least the few we have. They are probably exempted if we are to go by their mindsets. The government has to contain the motorcyclists or we could be raising a societal menace that we wouldn’t imagine.
|Last Updated on Monday, 17 December 2012 02:57|